Thursday, March 22, 2007

 

At Last

March 22nd. 2007. 08.50
Many people have asked me what has happened to the blog. This is the first entry for over two months for a number of different reasons, amongst which are the following;- 1) too much work, 2) a virus on my home computer, 3)holiday in New Zealand and 4) laziness.
There are a number of subjects which will be brought up to date in the next few days but of course you might be wondering about that question, the title of the blog, Will Bob Lose Weight? Well, in brief, no- not yet. Whilst waiting for the size to diminish sufficiently to fit in to some perfectly wearable clothes, I decided that I needed some clothes other then the greenish jeans that I mentioned in an earlier blog, so I have invested in TWO pairs of M and S jeans, though I haven't worn them yet. I will have to deal with the problem of having two pairs of jeans that are far too big in due course. The actual weight is unchanged from last December though it did go up a few pounds in New Zealand - testimony of the good food and relaxed way of life there.
Allottment activity is also greatly increasing and serious digging has resumed. Any day from now on I shall be planting the raspberries which are flourishing in a cold room at home and there will also be seed potatoes ready in a few days time for the first row of an early crop. They are chitting on the sitting room window sill at the moment though I have often wondered whether this is necessary. I have plenty of potatoes that are chitting whilst waiting to be eaten.
I did actually plant some roses the other day. I thought that it would add a 'civilising' touch to the allottment in contrast to all the other plots which seem already to be producing crops of parsnips and brocolli and look generally much more professional and determined to produce massive crops than mine. From time to time Lidls stores have plants for sale, roses, fruit trees , soft fruit such as gooseberries or blackcurrant for absurdly low prices, so I feel that if you have the space to plant them you haven't much to lose and maybe a lot to gain by investing in a few of these bargains.
There is still a large area to dig and clear, possibly two thirds of the plot but there is a large area ready for use. A large chunk of it will be used for the soft fruit and the early potatoes and then I think I must make a plan for the crops that I really want to grow that are so much better when home grown or those that are not even avaialble in the shops, particularly artichokes. I saw a celebrity TV chef (possibly Rick Stein) praising the Chinese brassicas such as pak choi and thought that they might be given some space if I could find out where to buy the seed. Research obviously needed.
Unfortunately, work prevents me from continuing now, so there is no list today. Regular blogs will continue.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?