Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 

Come on,you reds

January10th. 20.51
Of course anyone can post a comment though askintoo is not welcome. Attempts to influence the list by bribery and corruption are also discouraged. I agree entirely with abristolperson and would go further and remove ALL cartoons and drawings from all parts of the Guardian. I would also remove the weekend colour supplement and all references to life style and celebrities. There are still many good reasons to buy the Guardian (see the blog of December 5th.) but Steve Bell isn't one of them. Is he funny? Herge doesn't qualify for the list of cartoonists,nor does Uderzo.
I should also point out to anyone reading this blog for the first time that it was originally started to show how easy it is to lose weight and the main theme is therefore food. This week I have been mainly eating beef and quite a lot of Italian salami. Unfortunately I have been far too busy to weigh myself on the usual scales so we will just have to wait a bit longer to know whether I have lost any weight this year.
It was a pleasure to note that Arsenal stuffed Liverpool for the second time within a week. In spite of the home colours of red and white, you never hear people shouting for the reds when it comes to Arsenal. I quite like the away colour yellow but one can't really shout "come on you yellows". Many of the rivals play in red, so instead of shouting for them I offer the following reds:-
171. The Red-Headed League
172. Red biddy
173. Red Book of Hergest
174. Red card
175. Red Queen
176. Red Kite
177. Red Cross
178. Red Admiral
179. Redwood (Sequoia)
180. Redlips
With regard to the Redheaded League, I actually met a man called Jabez recently and only now have I remembered where I came across the name before. kegworthpersons saw a red kite when we were in the Brecon Beacons recently. They were quite numerous near Ponterwyd which is not far from Aberystwyth. Redlips gets a mention at last; that should keep her quiet!

Comments:
To read my comment meant for your blog i posted it on my blog by mistake as i had to create a new blog to write in yours! Go to stompinmoonbootz.blogspot.com titled 'guardian: deal or no deal?'it will be the only thing i write there and then i will continue doing it the normal way. Love numero cinco aka number five
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?