Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Prime Numbers

November 20th. 19.47
The food police are notorious for bad jokes but I was surprised by one about the fish and chips and the library. I actually laughed aloud. Beige-ing was quite clever but not really a classic was it? Furthermore it was quite unsuitable for a list because I've not been there so it might not be a place I like or admire.
The weather has not been good for gardeners though it did just what was forecast today; bright and sunny in the morning and showers in the afternoon. Sadly the weather was just too tough for Woody but I managed to do another two hours digging today before it became too dark and too wet to continue. I was watched for some of this time by an almost mute man who has a nearby allotment. When I dug up a fairly fresh rat he assured me in some strange language that there were hundreds of them about. The rat seemed fresh enough in a Baldrick way to add to the rather boring stew I made yesterday. Its odd how sometimes they just dont come out right. I suspect its the quality of the meat. Still, a bit of rat should add a bit of zest to it!
Now, what follows is a list, not a puzzle:-
31. 3.14159265358979932384......
32. 7 Samurai (or Magnificent 7)
33. 10 square perches (standard allotment size)
34. 39 Steps
35. 40 Winks
36. 42 (Douglas Adams)
37. 49ers
38. 221b
39. 1066
40. 1984
Its going to take some time to complete my survey of gulp fiction but when I do finish, I will produce a list of the top ten. I have been reading the Fairy Gunmother when I have had the energy but its not a gripper frankly and no serious food is consumed (junk fiction). I am moving next to The Prone Gunman. Lets hope he eats better than the fairy gunmother.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?