Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Weight Loss

September 6th.
In spite of the chips, batter on the fish, the Yorkshire pudding, the roast potatoes and the beer at the weekend, there has been a one kilogramme weight loss in the last week! Maybe it is not the diet but the punishing sessions digging the allotment after a hard game of squash that has lead to this happy situation. I was beginning to have secret doubts about the diet and the suffering but now I feel I am definitely on the right track.
The plums are over but this week the first pears should be ready. There are still some runners but fewer than I would like. I feel that the allotment will solve these problems next year. There is of course a very large area to be cleared and dug over so one anticipates a consistent weight loss from now on. Work is definitely interfering with my other activities but I have felt in the past that the busier I am, the more I actually achieve and that when I'm not working there is no incentive to get on with anything and consequently I just put it off. So if I can keep working for as long as it is fun, I will do so.
No meals so far in Havana Red but there is a lot about steak in the Lonely Planet guide to Argentina. I am toying with the idea of a trip there in November/December. I continue to be surprised about the spelling mistakes which creep in uninvited. I had meant hall not hill in the previous blog. There are no hills in my house.
22:48 pm

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?