Friday, September 29, 2006

 

Travels

September 29th.
It seems likely that I will have to visit New Zealand. I have heard that the Food Police are going to start their rather obscure activities in the North Island. I am forced to take more leave now so I thought Barcelona would be good for a few days to continue this year's visits to major Spanish cities. Home of Carvalho and a chance to research the food he eats in the correct environment. Argentina in November/December possibly. Anyone want to come? Not yet clear about work but I suppose it does finance these trips.
The post office annoyed me today but leaving a card to say I had to pay for a letter which didn't carry enough stamps. Since I was only a few paces from the front door at the time, I could easily have paid there and then, but the postman didn't bother to ring the bell. Now I have to go to the postoffice with my passport to get a letter I may not want anyway. Perhaps it is from the mulch maiden?
Guests arrived and upset my diet last night, forcing me to the pub and to eat things like potatoes and bread- and jolly nice it was too! I am told that some of the jokes posted are worse than those of the Food Police, but can that really be possible.
Too wet for the allotment but good news- I have been offered a lot of manure.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?