Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

Still baffled

September 9th.
So, the URL thing is 'willbobloseweight.blogspot.com' but what is the page title?And how do I clear my i-pod and get rid of all the i-tunes and start again with an empty i-pod and a clear list that doen't have names but lots of different 'track one etc'?
I hope you can follow the train of thought- food - allotments- digging- boredom- listen to i-pod-boredom- change the tunes- possibly add Italian or Spanish - frustration- - rage at inanimate objects- why worry- go to pub for a few beers etc. The problem will still be there tomorrow. Actually the digging may contribute to weight loss by firstly burning up calories and secondly by keeping away from the kitchen and the tempting snacks therein. It wasn't planned to be a major part of the regime but is simply an essential part of preparing the allotment. I have a feeling that there will be those amongst my readers who will be wanting their own allotment soon. I would recommend you get your name on the waiting list as soon as possible a s in some parts of the country you can wait a few years. Fatboy Tucker was most impressed by the site and size of my allotment which I think is ninety feet by thirty. That may not seem much to you but it looks huge when you have to dig and remove all the roots, docks, couch grass etc. It even has a little shed into which I hope to install a gas ring to make coffee, a few comfortable chairs- I'm sure I saw some on offer in Morrisons recently; those green plastic garden chairs that are obviously unwanted now that summer is over. Kit suggested a solar powered fridge for keeping a few beers cold in summer. Won't need the house soon, though its good to come back for hot bath and to sleep on a comfy bed. The effect of the digging is to make me sleep like a log for longer than before.
After a session digging today, I came back for eggs and bacon and fried tomatoes, some rather nice salami and some nuts and peas and after a shower I'll be off to Cardiff to have a beer or two with the Food Police (Bute Town Division). There was an enquiry into the swimming today. The answer is that there are other things to be done rather than get bored swimming up and down a pool. Perhaps when it gets dark earlier and when it will not be possible to do anything useful on the allotment, I will start swimming in the early evening. It should be quite pleasant in the heated outdoor pool.
7pm

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?