Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

More cheese

August 15th.
The food police are notorious for their poor jokes. In this case I have missed the joke entirely. Was some part of it omitted to make it more difficult or is it genuinely funny and I just cannot see it?
I never read John Cowper Powys but perhaps I should at least try before dismissing him. I never read Margaret Drabble's books either but if StanandTel are to be trusted, maybe life is too short to bother to find out. Powys certainly was a bit odd.
I unexpecedly had to eat a second meal yesterday. After thirty lengths I ate ham and egg and cheese and a yogurt but later the arrival of a hungry son forced me to prepare another meal of beef carrots onions , leeks and baked potatoes and a peach and raspberries. Today, squash. Later, a modest meal. Tomorrow, weigh day.
Kalooki Nights for the Man Booker? It proves what I've always thought about literary prizes and further devalues this one.

Comments:
Shameless. I knew about the brothers Powys. Never read any of them. All sound very wierd.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?