Thursday, August 10, 2006

 

Monsters, Terrorists and Gas Leaks

August 10th.
After playing squash yesterday, I was treated to dinner at the Kingfisher in Crynant. One can't really go out and avoidmouth watering offerings, so after astarter of red mullet with prawns and other unrecognizable treats, I ate breast of duck served on red cabbage and a dark cherry sauce. Very delicious but why iws duck so often served with a sweet sauce? It seems to me that the natural flavour of many meats is lost by the addition of a sauce. If the meat is good enough, there is no need for a sauce. I know the foodies probably argue that a good sauce enhances the flavour but I maintain that they simply change the flavour and make a totally different dish. Washed down with a couple of pints of bitter and followed by a raspberry creme brule, I had anticipated a weight gain, especially as I had eaten cheese and ham before going out, but you will be relieved to hear that my weight is unchanged today.
I have been at work ALL day today and hear news of leaks from a gas pipe that is disrupting the traffic which will make it tiresome to leave for a while as I don't like queuing in traffic and it will be more difficult than usual to reach the pool. There will be no monsters in the pool as it dull and possibly even raining. I think the parents of the babies in the swimming lanes should have more consideration for people who not un-naturally want to go to a swimming pool to swim and keep their little horrors to one side. I pay plenty to belong to the club- more I am sure than the babies, if they pay at all. There is also talk of major terrorist plots to cause large scale murder by blowing up planes but with the history of the security forces shooting innocent Brazilians or Muslims, I shall only believe when I see the evidence. Where are the explosives first of all? Still, I would like to get home to watch the news and have a light diet of runner beans, cheese and ham. What happened to the salami? Did the Blog Monitor bin it?
On re-reading the blog to check for spelling mistakes, I wonder if there should be two e's in queuing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?