Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

Crevettes

August 2nd.
I think I am working too hard. All day yesterday and again today. No time for squash or swimming. Perhaps I'll go for a swim when I have finished this.
Yesterday I ate salmon steak cooked in foil in the oven with a bit of butter and a squeeze of lemon with cabbage, avoiding the potatoes cooked for the others. I had thought that crevettes would be interesting but the most interesting thing about them was the price, about 56 pence each. How they can justify that price for something which is after all only a largeish prawn is a mystery. At the risk of upsetting StanandTel, I should say that this was not like the 'crevettes' of yesteryear eaten in France, which were very much larger and a lot cheaper. I confess to being very Francophile when it comes to food.
I have wondered about the cholesterol levels but haven't worried about it. Since I have given up bread and potatoes the cholesterol intake in the form of butter has dramatically dropped; no sandwiches, no chips, crisps, roast potatoes, or mashed potatoes to which I always used to add liberal amounts of butter.I agree that cheese intake has increased but probably no increase in the amount of meat consumed.
I forgot to mention that I also consumed two yogurts,one peach, some salad, and three crevettes without which, perhaps ,the weight loss would have been more impressive. 0.5 kilogramme only. At least its no worse. Its quite odd that I feel thinner so perhaps the fat has just moved somewhere else.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?