Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

Allotments

August 17th.
I have now got my name on two waitng lists for an allotment. I thought I would put Woody's name on the one I eventually get as it would upset me to think that my sudden death might leave a high productive allotment to a complete stranger or to be neglected. The most conveniently sited allotment is said to be in poor condition but worse, is surrounded by trees which is the problem I have at home. The secon site is in'Fairyland'! It amazes me that anyone would allow a part of the town to have such a name, but I don't care as long as they allocate an allotment to me. This is a good time of year to get an allocation as the year's rental runs from September to September and this is the time of year when people drop out. I am not sure how much one can plant at this time of year but it may need a lot of digging and weeding and preparing for next year. It would probably be worth getting raspberries in this autumn if a crop is to be had next year.
I definitely feel thinner today- clothes are looser, belly less bulgy, but I ate a huge amount of meat yesterday after squash.Alos some beans, an apple, cheese and a couple of yogurts. I may not restock the yogurts and the cheese when the present supply runs out. The return of a girl from Ibiza may necessitate some extra feasting soon and there is a plan for feasting and drinking tomorrow with colleagues from work. On Saturday there will be more in Cardiff I expect, so what are the chances of significant weight loss by next week? Slim is the word that springs to mind. The plums will be at their best in the next few days. There aren't enough raspberries to make an impact but what a treat they are! There will definitely be spinach this weekend. It looks as though I'll be doing 32 lengths later after work and I'll have to speed up, have fewer rests or I'll be there all night.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?