Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Exercise

July 27th.
I never feel that swimming is as good as squash or running because you don't sweat, but its probably better because it certainly burns up energy and exercises different muscles and probably more muscles than other sports. The problem with it, as far as I am concerned, is firstly that it is boring and secondly the breathing technique is all important. I am not very good with the breathing and seem to inhale quite a lot of water, so its not my favourite exercise. Unfortunately its a bit hot for running and/or squash at the moment and my usual squash partners are away.
Feeling thinner today after a meal last night of lean ham, Philadelphia cheese, tomatoes and Chinese leaves. There is something not right about the flavour of these leaves which were only purchased because because I couldn't find crisp lettuce in the shop that day. Only one yogurt and plenty of grapefruit juice. I'll have to go shopping again tonight- one of my least favourite activities. Of course, the more interesting the food is, the more tempting it becomes, and the shorter time it lasts in the fridge.
I keep seeing notices that we should be drinking about two litres of water a day and possibly more in hot weather. It can't possibly suppress hunger but I suppose if one drank half a pint of water it would stop one nibbling between or before meals. So, more water and more exercise and less inhaled water from now on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?